The second presidential debate on Sunday, October 9 is a town hall format, and the moderators will be required to ask questions with input from the Internet. This is our biggest opportunity to make a difference. So please vote for our question to Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Here it is: https://presidentialopenquestions.com/questions/12064/vote/?source=share-email-12064
We need your help to make sure the debate moderators Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz understand the importance of access to safe, affordable prescriptions through importation from Canada. It’s important that the moderators ask the candidates if they will support importation and provide relief from high drug costs.
Here are a few ways you can help:
- Vote for the question on importation at the Open Debate Coalition forum HERE.
Debate moderators will review the 30 questions receiving the highest number of votes on this forum. Vote for our question, then share the question with others. We need EVERY vote to get into the Top 30.
- Tweet the Moderators Tweet your support and tag the moderators @AndersonCooper and @MarthaRaddatz. Don’t forget to use hashtags #RxImportation and #RxAccess. Here are a few suggested Tweets:
- At the #debate @andersoncooper please ask about safe, affordable #RxImportation. It provides needed relief from high #drugprices. #RxAccess
- At the #debate @MarthaRaddatz please ask about safe, affordable #RxImportation. It provides needed relief from high #drugprices. #RxAccess
- Voice your support for prescription importation on Facebook and tag the moderators
Share a post on your Facebook page voicing your support for prescription importation. Here is a suggested post:
Americans need access to safe, affordable prescription medications through prescription importation. I hope @AndersonCooper and @MarthaRaddatz ask candidates if they’ll allow for #RxImportation at next debate.
Americans need access to safe, affordable prescription medications today! We know, with your help, we can bring this to the attention of presidential candidates and the millions watching on Sunday. Together, we can make a difference. Read more about our efforts with a group of patient advocates HERE.