Before choosing an online pharmacy in Canada, we recommend that you only purchase from websites approved by the Canadian International Pharmacy Association (CIPA).
CIPA has a long history of oversight of online pharmacy businesses, conducts periodic inspections of all dispensing facilities and has robust safety and privacy protocols to ensure patient safety.
Websites accredited by CIPA will always:
- Require a valid prescription before dispensing medications;
- Obtain demographic and medical information and maintain a health profile with medication history to avoid adverse drug interactions;
- Have a licensed pharmacist on staff to supervise dispensing of medications and provide consultation upon request;
- Protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal records and contact information;
- Not sell controlled substances, narcotics, pseudoephedrine products, or highly temperature sensitive products including Botox, Insulin, Victoza, Saxenda;
- Meet website security requirements;
- Publish contact information for customer service;
- Sell quantities of approximately 3-months’ supply at a time; and
- Disclose pharmacy location prior to purchase
Finally, please review the Food and Drug Administration’s position on importation: click here
If you have additional questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.